Monday, May 28, 2007

Projects in Bangkok

Welcome to another exciting edition of my Thailand Blog.

You can visit the website of Suk 11, the hostel where we are staying by clicking HERE. If you're ever staying in Bangkok and want a reasonably priced place to stay here, stay here.

Friday 25th May 2007: Going to the Airport

Today's main activity was to go to Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport, which is about 25km. I had been here before when I came to Bangkok last year. However, this time I was not catching an aeroplane, I was in fact going to observe economic flows taking place at the airport. This was part of my group's cunning plan to make ourselves look good by travelling a long way out of the city in order to get a photograph for our project. It took about an hour and a half to get to the airport, we spent about an hour there including having lunch and then made our way back to Central Bangkok.


On the Bus to the Airport

Saturday 26th to Monday 28th May 2007: Project Write Up

After collecting all of the photographs, these two days were actually quite boring, because it basically both days involved writing up the project. So, in reality I was pretty much lying when I said it was an exciting edition of the blog. However, at 4PM on Monday we handed the project in, which is a relief of everyone's minds. Only two more projects to go and also I need to decide what I am going to do my dissertation on.

Coming up Next in Field Studies

Tuesday 29th May: Today we're leaving Bangkok and making our way up North to Chiang Mai for the next stage of Field Studies.

Wednesday 30th May: We start exploring Chiang Mai project.

So stay tuned!

No comments: