Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Last Week

I have not updated this blog for a while, because I have been so busy with the final project of Field Studies. As I told you last time I spent my project in the Akha village of Doi Chaang. This village is very famous because it has been successful at growing coffee and has become an internationally known brand. The project that I completed wanted to examine what impact this 'economic' success had, had on the identity of the people and whether this had changed the culture of the village.

The project went very well and will provide a really good starting point for my dissertation. One of the most interesting parts of the project was that I used an usual method that as far as I am aware isn't very commonly used particularly in developing nations. I basically asked the participants to take photographs of things that are important to them. This worked quite well but there were some limitations. If you want to know more you can read my dissertation that will be published on 29th February 2008.
Here is the low down of what happened in the rest of the final week.
Wednesday

Returned to Chiang Mai from Doi Chaang.
Thursday
Project Write Up.
Friday
Project Presentation
In the evening was the Farewell meal with the Thai Buddies.
Saturday
Coach from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai
In the evening, I went to shopping at the Night Bazaar
Sunday
HOMEWARD BOUND
Photos
STILL TO COME ON MY BLOG:
MY RETURN TO YORKSHIRE

No comments: