Today I am leaving the relative comfort of Chiang Rai (TV, Air Con, Comfy Bed, Shops, Restaurants & internet). OK, I am getting ready to leave the comfort of Chiang Rai to make my way to a Hill Tribe Akha Village. I will be staying in the Doi Chaang Village and examine how the village has changed since the village started to grow coffee and become very successful. I am going to examine whether this new found wealth has changed their identity. This work will form the basis of my dissertation and is the main reason why I came on this trip.
Because I will be in the village this blog will not be updated until the end of the next week.
Friday 15th June 2007
Today was spent writing our project proposal for our week in the hill tribe. This actually only took us a couple of hours, so it was quite nice to have the rest of the day of and relax before the work starts tomorrow.
Because I will be in the village this blog will not be updated until the end of the next week.
Friday 15th June 2007
Today was spent writing our project proposal for our week in the hill tribe. This actually only took us a couple of hours, so it was quite nice to have the rest of the day of and relax before the work starts tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment