Today in this blog entry I am going to do something a bit different.......
Baby of the Group
Not, only am I the only non-Asian member of Field Studies (apart from Dr. Carl), I am as far as I am aware the youngest member of the Field Studies. I have completed my second year of my degree and here I am the youngest even though there are fresher year students on this trip. Some of the girls are the same age as me, but because of the way the academic year work, they are all born earlier than me. The guys on the other hand are a ll at least two years older than me because of Singapore's National Service. I don't particularly enjoy being the youngest to be honest.
Cinema
I didn't make a comment about this in an earlier blog, but the cinema I went to see Shrek the Third, was by far the nicest cinema I have ever been to. The seats were so comfortable and you had so much leg room. This might sound all very nice, but the best bit is that it only cost 1.50pounds.
Moat
The beautiful historic city of Chiang Mai has a moat that goes all around it. In centuries gone by this was used to defend the city. This is all very nice except that the area is in the tropics and we are about to enter the rainy season. In the last week and a half we have been in Chiang Mai there have been a couple of relatively mild tropical rainstorms
Iced Tea
I have been very unfair to a beverage during the last year. I do like to drink tea – hot with milk and sugar. I use to think that the concept of Iced Tea was at best disgusting and at worst morally wrong. However, this is actually wrong and Iced Tea isn't actually that bad.
Wednesday 6th June Project Work
Well that's enough of my random thoughts. Now it is back to my boring diary thing. It has been commented upon that all I seem to talk about is what I have eaten. So here it what I have eaten so far today.
Breakfast: Fish Ball Noodle Soup & Beef with Rice
A Crunch Chocolate Bar
Lunch: Japanese Food – Curry Noodles with Pork & Chicken.
Baby of the Group
Not, only am I the only non-Asian member of Field Studies (apart from Dr. Carl), I am as far as I am aware the youngest member of the Field Studies. I have completed my second year of my degree and here I am the youngest even though there are fresher year students on this trip. Some of the girls are the same age as me, but because of the way the academic year work, they are all born earlier than me. The guys on the other hand are a ll at least two years older than me because of Singapore's National Service. I don't particularly enjoy being the youngest to be honest.
Cinema
I didn't make a comment about this in an earlier blog, but the cinema I went to see Shrek the Third, was by far the nicest cinema I have ever been to. The seats were so comfortable and you had so much leg room. This might sound all very nice, but the best bit is that it only cost 1.50pounds.
Moat
The beautiful historic city of Chiang Mai has a moat that goes all around it. In centuries gone by this was used to defend the city. This is all very nice except that the area is in the tropics and we are about to enter the rainy season. In the last week and a half we have been in Chiang Mai there have been a couple of relatively mild tropical rainstorms
Iced Tea
I have been very unfair to a beverage during the last year. I do like to drink tea – hot with milk and sugar. I use to think that the concept of Iced Tea was at best disgusting and at worst morally wrong. However, this is actually wrong and Iced Tea isn't actually that bad.
Wednesday 6th June Project Work
Well that's enough of my random thoughts. Now it is back to my boring diary thing. It has been commented upon that all I seem to talk about is what I have eaten. So here it what I have eaten so far today.
Breakfast: Fish Ball Noodle Soup & Beef with Rice
A Crunch Chocolate Bar
Lunch: Japanese Food – Curry Noodles with Pork & Chicken.
So there you know what I have eaten today. Today, was another day of project work, which is quite boring to write about, but I just want to say the project is going really well and we are about to start the writeup.
No comments:
Post a Comment